CONCEALED HANDGUN LICENSING for the STATE of TEXAS
Tim Harkins will be lead concealed handgun instructor for these classes.
Classes will be a minimum of 8 students with a maximum of 15 students.
Contact us for information on arranging private classes at your location and/or possible discounts for creating your own CHL Class.
$75.00 per student.
$120.00 per student with 2 Hours Individual Handgun Instruction.
- There are no additional range fees like you may incur with other classes because we own the range. Also, because we own the range we are able to do something we believe to be unique with CONCEALED HANDGUN CLASSES throughout the state. 2 Hours of individualized handgun training at our range for Only $45 more prior to your class date to make sure you will pass the shooting proficiency test. We can help just about anyone shoot better. Not everyone needs this help but some might need a little practice time.
- Students may pay with cash, check, or credit card (Visa or MasterCard). When Paying by Check, Payment in full is due at least two weeks prior to the class date.
- Limited Weapon Rental available for CHL students or during Private Lessons, Contact us for more info.
- If paying by credit card, Please contact Tim (Voice or Text) @ 512-940-8897 or at email@example.com to sign up and pay.
- If you have paid for the class but you find you are unable to attend the class, your tuition is valid for any available class slot for up to one year.
- If you wish to cancel your attendance and give notice 10 days prior to the class, and you have not taken advantage of the range time or included instruction time, you will receive a full refund less any credit card fees if applicable.
- If you desire to cancel your paid attendance within 10 days of your class date, there will be a $20.00 cancellation fee. If you have already received your 2 hours of Individual instruction that $45.00 is not refundable.
- We are not a “mill” for the concealed handgun licensing class. You are required to pass both a written and shooting test. Should you fail either portion we must fail you. We will provide remedial testing as set forth by the Texas Department of Public Safety. A concealed handgun license is a privilege. Our belief is the State of Texas has the highest licensing standards and we will maintain those standards. We teach the approved curriculum as mandated by the State of Texas. Our mission is to furnish the student with the required State of Texas information along with knowledge based on real world experience.
CHL CLASS FAQS
- $75.00 PER STUDENT, INCLUDES RANGE FEES (including retest if necessary)
- PLEASE READ INFORMATION below and also use the link to the Texas Department of Public Safety http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/chl/index.htm to read additional requirements and disqualifiers for obtaining a Texas Concealed Handgun License.
- NO WEAPONS IN THE CLASSROOM. LEAVE THEM SECURED IN YOUR VEHICLE
- NO MANIPULATION OR HANDLING OF WEAPONS IN THE PARKING LOTS
- EYE PROTECTION AND OVER THE EAR HEARING PROTECTION IS REQUIRED ON THE RANGE.
- HEAD COVER-UP OR HAT THAT WILL COVER THE HEAD AND THE AREA OF THE FACE (SUCH AS A BALL CAP) IS REQUIRED ( hot cases behind your glasses really do hurt )
- FOOTWEAR MUST COVER THE ENTIRE FOOT
- HANDGUNS MUST BE AT LEAST .32 CALIBER
Ammunition---- NO RELOADED AMMUNITION WILL BE ALLOWED and NO ALUMINUM or STEEL CASES! You will need a minimum of 50 rounds for your weapon. It’s not a bad idea to have extra ammunition in the event it’s needed.
CLASSES are a minimum of 4 HOURS, not including range time.
Applicants are required by the State of Texas to pass written and shooting tests.
CLASSES will begin at 9:00 AM.
THE CLASSES WILL BE HELD AT 3470 JACK C. HAYS TRAIL ( FM 2770 ABOUT 0.5 MILES NORTH OF HAYS HIGH SCHOOL, STONE AND WOOD BUILDING ON WEST SIDE OF THE ROAD) BUDA, TEXAS.
MORE QUESTIONS? CONTACT TIM HARKINS (Voice or Text) @ 512-940-8897 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing Address: Tim Harkins, P.O. Box 705, Buda, TX 78610
- a) All handguns shall be in good working condition and have no modification(s) that will make the handgun unsafe.
- b) Be familiar with your handgun.
- c) There is no time allotted for zeroing handguns during this class.
- d) No optical enhancers will be allowed (no scopes, red dots, laser sights, etc.). If your weapon has a laser sight it must be disabled.